Saturday, March 20, 2010

The red headband


The other day I was going out with a friend and I wanted to wear this lovely green dress with a matching headband. But much to my disappointment, the green headband was nowhere to be found. The only thing I could find was an old red headband that I rarely wear. I was so frustrated – I wanted to wear that green dress, and I wanted a matching headband!
But as I took a second look at the red headband, I thought it wasn’t that bad, and all I had to do was to match it with a nice red dress.

I thought the lesson I learned from this was that I needed a better collection of headbands, but it seems like the red headband has taught me a lot more than that. I was frustrated when I couldn’t find my green headband to go with my green dress. Similarly, I was frustrated when I knew I couldn’t have a normal life like other people. To put it simply, I am often frustrated when I don’t get what I want.

But as the headband story tells me, life isn’t always about getting what I want. I was fine with a red headband and a red dress, even though it wasn’t what I wanted. I am going to be fine living a life different from those of people my age. As long as I live it in style.

2 comments:

  1. hot chic in style! You are the best! kisses and hugs from HCMC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the red dress is more uniquely you, and THAT's what makes it special! That's it is YOUR dress. well, I guess the analogy doesn't work in this case since red is more popular than green, but you know what I mean...

    We love you and are there with you to make whatever you have been given the best that we can. That's all I'm trying to say =)

    ReplyDelete